Wednesday 29 November 2017

Sunday 3rd December. Nigel's ride

I had hoped that we would ride up Great Dunn Fell, for several, for the first time. Today the snow was on the fell tops including Cross Fell and the Golf Ball on the top of Great Dunn Fell. The weather forecast I have (usually one of the most optimistic ones) shows that between now and Sunday it is not likely to be particularly hot. At least the forecast does not suggest there will be further precipitation in the same span.
I still intend to lead a ride from Appleby Cloisters starting at 10.00 a.m. I hope we will get through to Melmerby Village Bakery  for the food stop. It is possible that we will not be attempting the Fell (though we might - it is due to be a little milder on Sunday).
I may post another blog nearer the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment