Tuesday 4 July 2017

Cycling research

I have done an interview with Michael Nattrass and it was fascinating. I would encourage anyone interested to take part and help him in this worthwhile research. He has sent me the following which explains what it is all about:
 
I am currently working towards a PhD at UCL, looking at how different road users come to make sense of the right and proper uses of the road network as a space for cycling in Carlisle.

At the moment, I am looking to recruit adults who walk, drive or cycle in Carlisle as participants for this research project.  If you live in or around Carlisle and your main mode of transport is walking, driving or cycling then you can participate.  Participation would involve being interviewed for about an hour, at a time and location to your convenience. 

During the interview, I will show you a collection of short video-clips of different people cycling across Carlisle, as they use varying combinations of roads, pavements and cyclepaths.  The questions I would like you to answer, are whether you think the actions shown in the videos are right or wrong, acceptable or unacceptable.  This simply draws upon your own extensive experience of using these transport spaces when walking, driving or cycling’. 

If you are interested in participating, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, at michael.nattrass.14@ucl.ac.uk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment